Spring 2019 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Shanti Yoga Studio, Nelson BC, April 20 - May 21 , $2400 Early Bird Pricing
Spend a full month immersed in the blissful world of yoga.
Brilliant instruction. Remarkable progression. We invite you to come study with us.
Nelson enjoys spectacular weather in April & May. Our Training schedule allows ample time to enjoy all this location has to offer. Breathtaking hikes, beautiful Kootenay Lake and the charming boutique town of Nelson.
Early Bird Tuition is $2400 until December 31 2019. Regular Tuition is $2600.
Upon completion of our month long 200 Hour Training you are certified to teach Yoga worldwide.
Week I – Connecting to yoga
- Developing a Daily Yoga Practice.
- Alignment Principles: The Power of the Aligned Spine.
- Iyengar vs. Pattabhi Jois: Precision vs. Breath.
- Modern Yoga.
- The Paths of Yoga.
- Pranayama Introduction: The Power of Breath.
- Meditation: Introduction to Techniques.
- Introducing Yoga History.
- Introducing Yoga Philosophy.
- The Energy of Yoga.
- Introducing Ethics.
- Teaching with the Breath.
- Beginning Teaching Technique: Symmetrical Postures and Asymmetrical Postures-Creating Balanced Action.
- Observation Games in Simple Postures.
- Teaching Simple Sun Salutations.
Week II: Enriching understanding & discovering the teacher within
- Tapping into the Enrichment of the Daily Practice.
- Inversion Workshop.
- Backbend Workshop.
Yoga History & Philosophy
- Focused History and Philosophy: Classical and Tantra.
- Introducing Ayurveda
- Determining Doshas: Seeing Types of Students.
- Opening to Grace: Deeper Layers of the Yoga Practice.
- Introduction to Yin Yoga and the benefits of Restorative Yoga.
- Pre and Post Natal Yoga.
- Ethics in Practice
- Level II Teaching Technique: Sequencing and Transitions.
- Learning to Articulate Concisely.
- Types of Language.
- Introduction to Functional Anatomy
- Understanding Biomechanics of Movement
Week III: Deepening the practice, being the teacher.
- Advancing the Daily Practice.
- Inversion Workshop Level II
- Backbend Workshop Level II
Yoga History & Philosophy
- The Upanishads
- The Sutras: Applying Ancient Wisdom to Modern Day Yoga
- Themes: Adding Meaning to Classes
- The Business of Yoga: Creating Success
- Ethical Business Practices
- Deepened Pranayama
- Refining Technique: The Teaching Practice.
- Developing Observation Skills.
- Designing Classes
- Anatomy Level II
- Respiratory Anatomy
Week IV: Revealing a powerful teacher.
- The Daily Asana Practice Fully Revealed.
- Structural Therapy.
- The Brilliance of the Ashtanga Practice.
- The Chakras.
- The Nadis.
- The Energetic Body.
- Designing Routines for Private Clients.
- Developing a Private Intake
- Finding Your Voice: Practice, Practice, Practice
Week V: Revealing a powerful teacher.
The Final Days of Study:
- Drawing Inspiration from Daily Self Practice.
- Continued Asana Review.
- Refining Teaching Technique:
- Tutorials & Small Class Practices.
- Supported Debrief & Evaluations.