Spring 2019 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Shanti Yoga Studio, Nelson BC, April 16 - May 17 , $2500
Spend a full month immersed in the blissful world of yoga.
Brilliant instruction. Remarkable progression. We invite you to come study with us.
Nelson enjoys spectacular weather in April & May. Our Training schedule allows ample time to enjoy all this location has to offer. Breathtaking hikes, beautiful Kootenay Lake and the charming boutique town of Nelson.
Upon completion of our month long 200 Hour Training you are certified to teach Yoga worldwide.
Week I – Connecting to yoga
- Developing a Daily Yoga Practice.
- Alignment Principles: The Power of the Aligned Spine.
- Iyengar vs. Pattabhi Jois: Precision vs. Breath.
- Modern Yoga.
- The Paths of Yoga.
- Pranayama Introduction: The Power of Breath.
- Meditation: Introduction to Techniques.
- Introducing Yoga History.
- Introducing Yoga Philosophy.
- The Energy of Yoga.
- Introducing Ethics.
- Teaching with the Breath.
- Beginning Teaching Technique: Symmetrical Postures and Asymmetrical Postures-Creating Balanced Action.
- Observation Games in Simple Postures.
- Teaching Simple Sun Salutations.
Week II: Enriching understanding & discovering the teacher within
- Tapping into the Enrichment of the Daily Practice.
- Inversion Workshop.
- Backbend Workshop.
Yoga History & Philosophy
- Focused History and Philosophy: Classical and Tantra.
- Introducing Ayurveda
- Determining Doshas: Seeing Types of Students.
- Opening to Grace: Deeper Layers of the Yoga Practice.
- Introduction to Yin Yoga and the benefits of Restorative Yoga.
- Pre and Post Natal Yoga.
- Ethics in Practice
- Level II Teaching Technique: Sequencing and Transitions.
- Learning to Articulate Concisely.
- Types of Language.
- Introduction to Functional Anatomy
- Understanding Biomechanics of Movement
Week III: Deepening the practice, being the teacher.
- Advancing the Daily Practice.
- Inversion Workshop Level II
- Backbend Workshop Level II
Yoga History & Philosophy
- The Upanishads
- The Sutras: Applying Ancient Wisdom to Modern Day Yoga
- Themes: Adding Meaning to Classes
- The Business of Yoga: Creating Success
- Ethical Business Practices
- Deepened Pranayama
- Refining Technique: The Teaching Practice.
- Developing Observation Skills.
- Designing Classes
- Anatomy Level II
- Respiratory Anatomy
Week IV: Revealing a powerful teacher.
- The Daily Asana Practice Fully Revealed.
- Structural Therapy.
- The Brilliance of the Ashtanga Practice.
- The Chakras.
- The Nadis.
- The Energetic Body.
- Designing Routines for Private Clients.
- Developing a Private Intake
- Finding Your Voice: Practice, Practice, Practice
Week V: Revealing a powerful teacher.
The Final Days of Study:
- Drawing Inspiration from Daily Self Practice.
- Continued Asana Review.
- Refining Teaching Technique:
- Tutorials & Small Class Practices.
- Supported Debrief & Evaluations.