June 2019 200 Hour Teacher Training
Shanti Yoga Studio, Kauai, Hawaii. June 1- June 30, $2500 USD
The North Shore of Kauai.
Immerse in the blissful world of Yoga.
Brilliant instruction……Remarkable progression……Come study with us.
“The highest standard of Yoga Training I have come across in 20 years of searching. Instructors extremely knowledgeable in functional anatomy, nutrition, and alignment based Yoga in every Style. Each student is sincerely cared for & supported as they advance their personal practice. Form & function studied in every asana, increasing the benefits of Yoga ten fold. Shanti Nelson sets the bar for quality across the board, across the Country, and abroad. Life changing experience to train and attend regular classes here.”
Jessica, Nelson BC
Our training instructors are unsurpassed in technique and delivery. Drawing upon rich & wonderfully varied backgrounds, our teachers infuse the yoga practice with elegant and skillful alignment techniques.
Throughout the month students are drawn fully into the brilliance of the Asana, the profound rebalancing of Pranayama & calm centering found in the practice of Meditation. With great care and devotion, our training instructors build confidence in students as they begin to open the door to teaching. The bright personalities and friendly open nature of our entire staff creates ease for students and makes the experience fun.
Our training schedule provides time for study, and ample time to explore the stunning North Shore of Kauai.
Week I – Connecting to yoga
- Developing a Daily Yoga Practice.
- Alignment Principles: The Power of the Aligned Spine.
- Iyengar vs. Pattabhi Jois: Precision vs. Breath.
- Modern Yoga.
- The Paths of Yoga.
- Pranayama Introduction: The Power of Breath.
- Meditation: Introduction to Techniques.
- Introducing Yoga History.
- Introducing Yoga Philosophy.
- The Energy of Yoga.
- Introducing Ethics.
- Teaching with the Breath.
- Beginning Teaching Technique: Symmetrical Postures and Asymmetrical Postures-Creating Balanced Action.
- Observation Games in Simple Postures.
- Teaching Simple Sun Salutations.
- Introduction to Functional Anatomy
- Understanding Biomechanics of Movement
Week II: Enriching understanding & discovering the teacher within
- Tapping into the Enrichment of the Daily Practice.
- Inversion Workshop.
- Backbend Workshop.
Yoga History & Philosophy
- Focused History and Philosophy: Classical and Tantra.
- Introducing Ayurveda
- Determining Doshas: Seeing Types of Students.
- Opening to Grace: Deeper Layers of the Yoga Practice.
- Introduction to Yin Yoga and the benefits of Restorative Yoga.
- Pre and Post Natal Yoga.
- Ethics in Practice
- Level II Teaching Technique: Sequencing and Transitions.
- Learning to Articulate Concisely.
- Types of Language.
- Developing Observation Skills.
- Designing Classes
- Anatomy Level II
- Respiratory Anatomy
Week III: Deepening the practice, being the teacher.
- Advancing the Daily Practice.
- The Brilliance of the Ashtanga Practice
Yoga History & Philosophy
- The Upanishads
- The Sutras: Applying Ancient Wisdom to Modern Day Yoga
- The Chakras, Nadis, and Energetic Body
- Themes: Adding Meaning to Classes
- The Business of Yoga: Creating Success
- Ethical Business Practices
- Deepened Pranayama
- Refining Technique: The Teaching Practice.
- Designing Routines for Private Clients.
- Developing a Private Intake
Week IV: Revealing a powerful teacher.
The Final Days of Study:
- The Daily Asana Practice Fully Revealed: Drawing Inspiration from Daily Self Practice.
- Finding Your Voice: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Refining Teaching Technique: Tutorials & Small Class Practices.
- Supported Debrief & Evaluations.